COVID 19 UPDATE
-Update- COVID-19 impacting the Fond du Lac Humane Society.
The Fond du Lac Humane Society is addressing the news of the ended Safer at Home order. We have changed and addressed protocols during this quarantine period and we are assessing the protocols we would like to keep.
At this time the Fond du Lac Humane Society will remain on a by appointment basis only.
What does this mean? We will continue to be closed for general public visitation, we are scheduling appointments for meet n greets (with approved applications), adoptions, surrenders, nail trims/caps (cats), and reclaims.
If you need to drop off a stray please call ahead of time so we can be prepared for you – enter at the back of the building where you will see a “Stray/Reclaim” sign. Ring the door bell and someone will be back to assist you between the hours of 11:30 and 5:30pm (Reminder – if a stray is found after hours please call your local non emergency police phone number)
Please schedule appointments:
- To meet or pick up an animal for adoption
- To surrender an animal
- To reclaim your found animal
- To bring in a stray animal
*we ask that you only schedule appointments for the above listed reasons*
With this we are expecting our call volume to increase – please be patient and leave a voicemail if we are unable to answer. Call’s will be returned as soon as possible.
-Please note –
Visitors to our facility are asked to use hand sanitizer and wash their hands frequently to prevent the spread of any illness. The health and safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors will remain our top priority in our planning phase of reopening to our new normal. Changes will be made in the weeks to come.
We ask you not visit the facility if you:
- Feel sick, have a fever, cough, difficulty breathing or are having or had flu like symptoms within the past 14 days.
- Traveled to an area where coronavirus is spreading within the past 14 days. The CDC updates this information daily.
- Have had direct contact with anyone who has been confirmed to have COVID-19.
-Fond du Lac Humane Society Needs-
In addition to Fur-ever homes, our greatest need is for monetary donations to provide care for our community’s animals at this time. Please donate on our website – fdlhumane.org or mail your check to Fond du Lac Humane Society, 652 Triangle Road – Fond du Lac, WI 54935. Other donations needed are:
- Purina Kitten Chow, Purina Complete
- Purina Cat Chow Gentle Stomach
- Cat Chow
- Non-Clumping Litter
- Durable Dog Toys
- Purina One Lamb and Rice
- Dog chow
- These items can be sent directly to the facility via chewy.com / amazon.com or other online sites.
Thank you all for understanding.
We are grateful for the continued support we have gotten from our community and hope to see you all very soon!